Thank you for visiting www.gramcar.com (the "website"). The website is owned by Gram Car Carriers AS, with registered office at Bryggegata 9, 0250 Oslo (“we” “our” or “us”). For the purposes of European data protection laws, we shall act as “data controller” when processing your personal data.
a) Personal data we may collect from you. We may collect and process the following personal data about you in accordance with this Policy:
- personal data that you provide to us via our website, including but not limited to name, first name, address, phone number, profession, etc.; you must provide us with accurate, complete and updated registration information;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and may record telephone calls for regulatory compliance and record keeping purposes; and
- details of your visits to our website and the materials and information that you access.
b) Use of your personal data. We may use personal data held about you where in our legitimate interests for the following purposes:
- to support your interaction with us, including to ensure that the content of this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or electronic device;
- to provide you with information you may have requested through this website;
- to notify you about changes to this website and to ensure the ongoing accuracy and relevance of such data;
- for general internal research purposes, including to identify and analyse the regularity of the use of this website and the nature of this website’s users;
- to send you direct marketing (as set out in (g) below); and
- to design products and services for your use.
Please note that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest or for direct marketing.
We may also process your personal data where necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. Where we require personal data to comply with our legal requirements, failure to provide this data means we may not be able to provide the requested services to you and/or interact with you further.
c) Sharing your personal data. We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates, agents and contractors (including to parties located outside the European Economic Area – “EEA”) for the purposes stated above. We may disclose your personal data to the following parties for the following purposes:
Hosting & Processing: Gram Car Carriers’ websites are hosted by third party service providers who help us provide our services. Additionally, other service providers are used for the provision of technology related services and the distribution of promotional material. Therefore, any personal data you submit through the use of our websites and/or applications may be processed by that third-party service provider. For example, these third parties may process your personal data in order to sign you up to our newsletter, to an event or webinar, or to receive other email updates. This includes the following third-party service providers, which may be updated over time:
o Google Analytics
o Campaign Monitor
• Legal Requirements: Similarly, we may share your personal data as required or permitted by law, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is legally required or otherwise necessary to protect our rights and property, or the rights, property or safety of others, including to advisers, law enforcement agencies, and judicial and regulatory authorities.
• We may also disclose your personal data to a third party that acquires all or part of our assets or shares, or that succeeds us in carrying on all or a part of our business, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise.
d) International transfers of your personal data. Where we transfer personal data to a country outside of the EEA which does not provide a similar or adequate level of protection to that provided by countries in the EEA, we will enter into a Model Contract with the recipient or seek assurances from the recipient that they are EU-U.S. Privacy Shield certified or have Binding Corporate Rules in place. You have the right to obtain further information in relation to these safeguards by contacting us as provided below.
e) Duration of storage of your personal data. We will store the personal data that you send to us via this website on our databases. We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the services requested or to answer queries or resolve issues with us. After this period, your personal data shall be deleted from our databases subject to any legal, contractual or similar obligations to retain the personal data.
f) Your rights. You have the right to (i) access your personal data; (ii) require the correction of your personal data if and to the extent you can demonstrate such data is inaccurate; (iii) request in certain circumstances, the deletion of your personal data; (iv) object to the processing of your personal data (including for direct marketing) and/or request its restriction; and (v) request a copy of your personal data to be provided to you, or a third party, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Any request to exercise such rights must be addressed as provided below. You also have the right to file a complaint regarding the use of your personal data by us with the relevant supervisory authority.
Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example because of their repetitive character, we may either (i) charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested or (ii) refuse to act on the request.
g) Marketing. We may contact you periodically by e-mail to provide information regarding events, products, services and content that may be of interest to you, unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive marketing or market research communications from us. If applicable law requires that we receive your consent before we send you certain types of marketing communications, we will only send you those types of communications after receiving your consent. If you wish to stop receiving marketing or market research communications from us you can contact us as described below or use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of all marketing emails.
h) What are cookies and why do we use them? Cookies are small text files which are placed on the computer or electronic device of a website user to provide the website operator with information about use of our site. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your computer or electronic device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
• Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognise, measure and track users of our website in anonymous form. The information collected includes the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to our website from and the pages that they have visited. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by determining whether website visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of websites that are of the most interest to them.
• Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our website are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of our site. The website then ‘remembers’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our website to the individual user.
• Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
i) Your cookie preferences. To make full use of this website, your computer or electronic device will need to accept cookies, as this website will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalized features on this website.
k) Contact us. If you have any questions about this Policy or our related practices or if you wish to exercise the above rights, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +47 22017450.
You can also contact us by mail at email@example.com.
l) Changes to this Policy. We retain the right to update or change any part of this Policy at any time. Any changes will be published here immediately, and it is your responsibility to check back regularly. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by means of a prominent notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective.